Sycosure owns the copyright to all the of content on this site.
It is prohibited to copy and paste content from Sycosure.com to any other website, online service or offline media regardless of whether or not you make reference to or provide credit to Sycosure.
Sycosure Copyright Statement
Breaching a website’s, company’s, or person’s copyright is illegal.
If you are attempting to create a scraper site please note that you’ll quickly be detected by the larger search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc).
Sycosure’s Basic Copyright Policy
In cases where we do discover that Sycosure copyright has been infringed, we will always attempt to notify the website(s) and or person(s) and request that the copyrighted material that they infringed be removed within 30 days. In the case(s) of no response or refusal, we will always pursue other avenues to have the copyrighted material removed. Also in the case(s) of no response, we will take action and choose one or more of the following options:
- Contact the web host in which the copyrighted material is hosted on and state all of the facts concerning your copyright violation and request that all pages with copyrighted material be removed immediately.
- Report the website participating in the Google Adsense program with the official Google Adsense policy violation form.
- Report the affiliate involved with the website with Clickbank affiliate advertisements using the Clickbank “Submit a Request” form.
- Report the offending page and or site to be removed from Google search index using the official Google content removal form on the basis of copyright infringement
COPYRIGHT. Under the United States Copyright Revision Act of 1976 (effective January 1, 1978), a statutory copyright exists for a work as soon as it is created in some tangible form, even if it has not been published, and regardless of whether or not it is registered with the registrar of the United States Copyright Office. This entire Web site, its pages, and all of its individual graphics and editorial content (exclusive of works that fall within the Public Domain, are used with the permission of others, or fall under the Fair Use doctrine) have been created by Sycosure, and are owned by Sycosure.
COPYRIGHT-OWNERSHIP. Per the U.S. Copyright Office, ownership of a ‘copy’ of a photograph (the tangible embodiment of the ‘work’) is distinct from the ‘work’ itself (the intangible intellectual property). The photographer will own the copyright in the photograph (the intangible intellectual property) unless the copyright in the photograph is transferred, in writing and signed by the copyright owner, to another person. If the photographer is no longer living, the rights in the photograph are determined by the photographer’s will or are passed as personal property by the applicable laws of intestate succession. The photograph may eventually fall into the public domain (see next paragraph).
COPYRIGHT-FAIR USE. In accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine of the United States Copyright Law, Title 17, U.S. Code, Section 107, Sycosure and its subsidiaries exercise the right to use copyrighted material belonging to other parties for the purpose of commentary, criticism, and instruction in articles produced on this Web site. Sycosure and its subsidiaries make every effort possible to determine copyright ownership, if any, of such materials, and such ownership is acknowledged as a courtesy. From Section 107: The fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
NON-ADVOCACY POLICY. Sycosure does not advocate for either side in a dispute over the identity of a person in a photo or the writer of a handwritten item. Its job is to objectively and accurately compare, analyse, and present findings to its clients. How its clients use, or choose to not use, that information, is entirely up to them.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST. Sycosure does not accept a percentage of the sale price of a collectible photo in lieu of or in addition to upfront fees for authentication of the identity of a person in a photo.
CONFIDENTIALITY. Sycosure appreciates your need for confidentiality, and guarantees that your identity, client identity, personal or client information, or the identity or content of the photographs analysed will not be published or revealed in any way to any person or entity.
- Sycosure’s photo retoucing service only does digital photo retouching and restoration. It does not restore the physical photograph itself.
- Sycosure only authenticates the identity of a person in a photograph. She does not authenticate the physical photograph itself.
- Sycosure does not use biometrics software, does not do age progression or facial reconstruction, and does not interpret personality characteristics in facial features or handwriting.
- Sycosure is not a broker, appraiser, or auction house and does not buy, sell, or offer advice as to the value of a photo.